Sunday, April 16, 2017

BitBA Sunday Special

Martinex1:  We have much in store for you in the coming week, but today let's enjoy some Sunday comic strips and comic covers that celebrate the day.  We will be back tomorrow and the remainder of the month with more Bronze Age fun.  Cheers!















Redartz:  No Easter bunnies here, but recently we featured a post about cereal premiums. Our pal Mike W sent us this photo of a goodie he got (probably) from a box of Froot Loops: a rub-on transfer picture with animals! Big Mike thought we'd get a kick out of seeing 7 year-old Mike's handiwork. And I thought so too;  thanks for sharing it Mike! Here it is, and Happy Easter everyone!

Martinex1:  A quick hint of what is in the basket for this week - Monday we have George Perez and John Byrne together, Wednesday we take a look at secondary titles, and later in the week we explore comics and parenthood.  Plus much more...

So enjoy the holiday and we will see you soon!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter !! Yesterday's topic inspired me to visit YouTube and search for "Here Comes Peter Cottontail" which I found and watched. I'd never seen or even heard of this film before and it was a delight - what a pity those Rankin-Bass specials are so little-known in the UK. In the '70s British TV was awash with American shows so I don't understand why "Rudolf" and "Peter Cottontail" got overlooked as those little stop-motion gems are perfect for Christmas and Easter TV. Anyway, better late than never so thanks, Martinex, for alerting me to the existence of Peter Cottontail. But I do remember "It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" and that's on YouTube too so I'm going to watch it as I haven't seen it since the '80s :)

ColinBray said...

Wow, that 'Unexpected' cover is dark!

The Prowler said...

Easter!!! I will say this about that:

The Ten Commandments was on last night. ABC ran it from 6 to 10:45pm, with commercials. Because of so much other stuff going on, I couldn't watch it straight through but I caught the highlights. Two other religious themed offerings I would like to put forth, The Miracle Maker. Some have called it Claymation at it's best. Others have said a throwback to those old Rankin-Bass from our ute. ("Ute"? Excuse me, what's a "ute"?) And the other, The Gospel Of John. The great thing about this version is the guy who plays Jesus is the same guy who played Desmond on "Lost". And it's the same "GUY"!!! Scottish accent and all. Well, that's it, that's the news and I am out of here....

(no song, just the gentle sounds of spring as a front slowly moves across our area).

PS: The "Good Job, Robot" Award goes to the United Airlines computer that "randomly" picked four passengers to deplane. And what is a computer but a robot without a body!!!

You Might Also Like --

Here are some related posts: