Martinex1: Hey gang, I've got a couple of questions for you to ponder! I'm curious what you have to say and how similar our answers may or may not be. Your comments drive the discussion today so let's get started.
Question 1: If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have one comic book series (in full), one television series (in full), one movie, one Greatest Hits music record, and one type of food - what would they be? Five answers (or less) for this question.
Here is my response for Question #1:
1) Comic Series: The Avengers (of course)! The Thunderbolts did leap to mind as a fun read and I considered Dr. Strange because I have really not read much of that series at all. I also thought about the Doom Patrol, but I am an Avengers fan tried and true.
2) Television Series: St. Elsewhere. I've been thinking about this series a lot lately; it was quite enjoyable and innovative back in the Bronze Age. It was strange and twisting and had a lot of hidden television references. It also featured many future stars like Denzel Washington.
3) Movie: I am going to go with Pi by Darren Aronofsky. I just want something a little more challenging and flawed; I'd probably watch it a couple of times and turn on St. Elsewhere again.
4) Greatest Hits Record: I am taking Roxy Music. Not a popular choice I am sure, but lately I've been listening to them a lot as I drive and haven't gotten tired of the band yet.
5) Food: I am going to enjoy endless Thai Cuisine. It is something I can eat every day, though the spices may eventually do me in.
Question 2: What was your biggest miss in comic book collecting? What special book could you have purchased, but you did not pull the trigger and spend the money?
My response is that I once skipped out on buying a battered copy of Avengers #4 (the return of Captain America) for four dollars. Big mistake. I was too young to know it was a steal and an important issue.
Now it is your turn. Let's hear what you have to say! Cheers!