Monday, October 30, 2017

The Quarter Bin: Halloween Jack O' Lanterns


Martinex1:  It is the day before Halloween, and I thought we could tackle a $1 Halloween Challenge today instead of tomorrow.   I figure you will be out ringing doorbells and collecting candy (or  Following the Leader since the holiday falls on a Tuesday)!


So the bin today consists of comic covers (and a couple of prose books also) that feature Jack O' Lanterns!  Some examples are subtle and a bit more hidden; and many are bold and facing front!


Pick your four favorites and get a jump on the treats!  No tricks at BitBA today, just an eclectic set of artistic October covers!




































































6 comments:

Charlie Horse 47 said...

I'll take the 3 Bugs Bunny's, the old Archie, and since I'm first the Comic Cavalcade!

Selenarch said...

I'll wrestle Charlie for that Comic Cavalcade, and then take the Black Cat, the Tick Halloween Special (Man-eating Cow on the cover) and Famous Funnies.

Redartz said...

Ooooh, oooooh, so many goodies! Hope our dealer has a third copy of that Comic Cavalcade! In addition, I'll take the Little Lulu Halloween Fun Dell Giant (extra pages of Halloween fun), Donald Duck Trick or Treat ( a Barks classic), and the House of Mystery 209 (for the cover- extremely cool).

Mike Wilson said...

Hmmm, that Vampi cover is certainly ... interesting; but I seem to recall a lot of Vampi stories being boring, so I'll go with some old favourites:

Spectacular Spider-Man and Spidey Super Stories (both featuring Jack O Lantern and both of which I had as a kid); Justice League Europe (pre-Ron Randall on art duties, but still a cool comic); and Crazy Magazine, because I didn't have that issue as a kid.

ColinBray said...

Heh, Little Dot :)

I'll take Little Dot, Spooky Spooktown and two Casper comics. Harvey all the way. For similar reasons Charlie digs UK Beano comics I go for Harvey covers these days. Oh the innocent fun fun fun.

If allowed could I also give an honorable multimedia mention for the Bad Moon Rising LP cover from Sonic Youth...?

Edo Bosnar said...

Man, what a great selection to choose from, including a bunch of Golden Age titles.
This is a tough one, but I'll stretch out my dollar by getting the three digests, Archie Double Digest, Jughead's Double Digest, and Katy Keene Digest Magazine, and round it off with something from the Golden Age, Black Cat.

You Might Also Like --

Here are some related posts: