Sunday, October 15, 2017

All New, All Different Sunday: Coming Attractions!

Martinex1:  Sunday is the day for BitBA recommendations, so let us hear your opinions about upcoming cinematic features.   Trailers have been around for Thor: Ragnarok and Justice League for a while with the movies hitting in November.  More recently Star Wars: The Last Jedi and The New Mutants' clips have arrived.

**SPOILERS**

Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie and Loki seem to team up against Hela!  Can the third Thor be the best in the run; or is the Grandmaster and Planet Hulk bereft of fun?

Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, the Flash, and Aquaman partner for the first time on the silver screen.  Superfriends or more bleak DC trends?

Luke, Rey, Kylo Ren, and Finn play Jedi mind games!  Who's on the dark side; who is not?

And Illyana,  Rahne, Cannonball, and Sunspot seem to have landed in a horror movie.  Will a thematic twist bring a lift to Fox's version of mutant events?

Does any of this excite you?  Are you planning a trip to the theater to see the latest from the Marvel, DC, and Lucas' universes?  What do you like and what don't you?  It is usually our day off but how about we chew the fat?

Share your short peek critiques and any other observations or recommendations you have this fine Sunday!



5 comments:

Mike Wilson said...

The new Thor movie looks really good; the first two didn't really do much for me. They were all right, but not as good as Captain America or Avengers. But it seems like they're having fun here ... and Valkyrie looks cool.

I'm always ready for a new Star Wars movie. Nuff said.

As for Justice League, the first two (I haven't seen Suicide Squad) movies were OK, but Wonder Woman was a lot better, so maybe they're finally getting the hang of it. Superman seemed to be a big part of the problem in the other movies and he's supposedly dead for this one, so maybe things will turn out better overall.

I don't really care much about New Mutants as I haven't kept up with the X-Men movies. I think the last one I saw was First Class (well, I did see Deadpool), so I'm a little behind :)

Martinex1 said...

I agree with you 100% Mike W.

In case anybody is wondering why I did not include the Black Panther movie trailer - it is because we are covering everything Black Panther this coming Saturday the 21st in a Chew the Fat extravaganza. Get ready to offer your opinion at the end of the week. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

From Terry in Virginia:

I'm totally up for the new Thor movie. Not too happy about the new haircut, but otherwise, this looks like it will be a lot of fun. I also liked the first two Thor movies -- much better than I had expected. Anyway, also glad to see Hulk back in action.

Justice League: again, totally psyched for this. I have no problem with the alleged "darkness" of Man of Steel -- I thought it was the best Superman movie ever, and among the best superhero movies of all time. Batman v Superman had problems --- it was as if they filmed a dozen random scenes and then tried to tie it all together with a script. It was a mess, but beautiful mess! And, yes, Wonder Woman rocked. Hope that DC get's it right with this one.

Star Wars: Yeah, sure, although I'm probably the only person on earth who hated the first one in 1977. I thought it was dumb when it came out. Gradually I learned to accept it for what it was: cool special effects with a terribly corny and trite screenplay and bad acting. For something like that, I'd rather watch the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon serials from the 1930s. But I'm still in for the new movie ... just not totally gaga over it.

New Mutants: You're right, it just looks like a horror movie. I have about 5 issues of the original series (drawn by Seinkeiwicz), but I don't really know the characters. At this point I'll probably pass on this (I loved the original X-Men trilogy -- and mostly like the more recent younger cast).

Lots to look forward to this Fall and Winter!

Killraven said...

Thor , for sure. Looks like a lot of fun. Kate Blanchett looks perfect as Hela.

Star Wars will happen too.

pfgavigan said...

Hiya,

I'm done with Star Wars. The last movie was so predictable that I wanted to call out "Bingo" every time they hit the plot point that I had anticipated.

As for the one before that, what can you say about a villain who made Jar Jar Binks look like a BAMF and still managed to kill Han Solo?

And no, you can't blame Lucas for these films.

Seeya,

pfgavigan

You Might Also Like --

Here are some related posts: