Thursday, November 23, 2017

Short Cuts: Thanksgiving Thoughts...





Redartz:  Hello, folks; and a Happy Thanksgiving to all! And for our friends for whom this is simply a Thursday, well, sincere best wishes to you as well!



Many of us will be busy today: travelling, visiting , eating too much. With this in mind, we'll keep it simple. What are you thankful for? It may be a cliche, but it is wise, in challenging times, to remember the things we have that are good. Big things,little things, humorous, sentimental, or
whatever- let's raise a glass to all that helps us keep on keeping on. 

As for me, I'm thankful for: 
My family and friends. For my health, physical and mental (some might debate the latter). For optimism that tomorrow may be a better day. For playing 'chase the stick' in the backyard with the dog. For Kirby, Ditko, Lee, Englehart, Buscema, Romita, Byrne, and all the countless others who give me half hours of escape and enjoyment. For an understanding wife who doesn't pitch out those comics. For my pal and partner Marti, and finally, for each and every one of you fine folks. Cheers to all of you!

Happy Thanksgiving, be well and safe, and save me a piece of pumpkin pie.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Wilson said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans. In Canada, we had our Thanksgiving in October, so nothing really special about today (although Canada has adopted the Black Friday tradition, so the stores will be packed tomorrow).

Colin, pumpkin pie is pretty good, but I still prefer lemon meringue.

Martinex1 said...

Chocolate Pecan Pie for me! Cheers everybody! Happy Thanksgiving!

I’m thankful for another day to do something - anything! Grateful for my family! And that my boys and wife can always make me laugh! Happy for a good life even through the hard times! And I’m thankful for a couple extra inches in these jeans - because the food is coming!

Thanks Red! Thanks all! Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Thanksgiving is not celebrated in my part of the world (Trinidad & Tobago) unless you're a US citizen, or have friends and family who celebrate it. Still, I did take the time to give Thanksgiving greetings to those fine folks where it is held. I'm thankful for a good family, a steady job and great guys like Marti and Redartz who do all this awesome work!


- Mike 'gobble gobble - what's tofurkey?' from Trinidad & Tobago.

You Might Also Like --

Here are some related posts: